Many cyber-security vendors choose to integrate OEM technology into their products and services.
Vendors looking to build or enhance security solutions, partner with OEMs to reduce time to market, address a scarcity of engineering talent, and limit the risks associated with in-house development. It enables the integration of market-proven and award-winning technologies to protect customers.
We believe Gartner’s research ‘5 Best-practice steps for selecting a security technology OEM’ provides valuable insight to support your decision making when selecting an OEM technology partner. It will help you:
- Choose a product augmentation strategy; build, buy or OEM a technology?
- Shortlist OEM vendors, with some examples
- Consider the impact on cost of goods, development costs and future revenue
- Align licensing models for product and services
- Address the risks of working with an OEM
Gartner, 5 Best-Practice Steps for Selecting a Security Technology OEM, 5 March 2020, Lawrence Pingree, Nat Smith
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.